Social Security Lawyers in Nederland, Texas | Nederland, TX Social Security Attorneys | Jefferson County, Texas SSI SSDI Law Firms
Nederland, Texas Social Security Attorneys
Has a disability prevented you from working? Fortunately, the US Social Security program provides a safety net for many Americans. If you have a disability and qualify for Social Security benefits, you may be entitled to a monthly check and other benefits such as medical care, food stamps, and other assistance from your state government. Increase your chances of qualifying for Social Security and other social benefit programs by working with an experienced Nederland social security lawyer as soon as possible. Nederland Social Security lawyers can guide you through the often-complicated application and appeal process. Start today by filling out the form in this webpage.
The Difference between Winning and Losing your SSI or SSDI Claim
If you are considering applying for Social Security benefits, the statistics are not favorable for initial applicants. About 65% or more initial applicants are denied benefits annually. Increase the chance your Social Security claim will be successful by contacting an experienced Nederland Social Security attorney. Your Social Security lawyer should have the necessary experience to know how to argue your case effectively. This may include working with your doctors, or other methods that can help you make out your case to the Social Security review board. The consequences of losing your social security claim can have far-reaching impacts for you and your loved ones. Those who qualify will receive monthly payments to help defray the cost of living. In many cases, may also be able to get Medicare or Medicaid. These benefit payments and other potential benefits can often mean the difference between survival and homelessness for people afflicted with serious disabilities.
How Can I Afford to Pay a Qualified Nederland Social Security Attorney?
You do not have to have big bank account to afford a Social Security attorney. The typical fee structure used by Social Security law firms is designed to be affordable for people who are not employed. How can a lawyer be affordable? Social Security attorneys generally work on a “contingency” basis. That means they only get paid if your claim is successful. Statutorily, Social Security attorneys can only make the following: the lesser amount of (1) 25% of back pay awarded to you by the Social Security Administration, or (2) $6,000 total. The Social Security Administration will approve the amount of the attorney fees at the time you are awarded your benefits. Don’t wait. To contact an experienced Nederland Social Security lawyer today and start the ball rolling on your Social Security claim all you have to do is fill out the form in this site.
Social Security: Do You Qualify for Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or Social Security Income (SSI)
The US Government created Social Security for a number of reasons. Among them was the goal of providing benefits to Americans who are unable to work due to an injury. In order to qualify for Social Security, the injury must prevent the person from working for at least one year. There are two different programs that give rise to disability payments under the Social Security System: SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) and SSI (Supplemental Security Income). While both programs provide relief to injured Americans, they are, in fact, quite different from each other.
1. How is disability defined in Nederland, Texas? - In order to receive Social Security disability benefits, you must meet the Social Security Administration's standard for disability.
a. The term disability is defined as being unable to engage in “substantial gainful activity” [SGA] due to a of a physical or mental impairment which has lasted - or is expected to last - for a minimum of 12 months, or is expected to result in death.
2. Is working in Nederland, Texas a factor in obtaining Social Security disability benefits? - If you are working in Nederland and the work meets the definition of substantial gainful activity, you are considered able to work and, therefore, you are not disabled and would not qualify for Social Security disability benefits. In 2012, if you earn more than $1010 per month (after taxes), you are probably not eligible for Social Security, unless there special circumstances exist.
3. Do You Have a Severe Impairment? - In order to be considered severely impaired, you must have a medical problem that significantly limits your physical or mental ability to perform basic work activities. The impairment must be expected to last for 12 months or result in death.
4. Does Your Medical Condition Match One of SSA’s Listed Impairments? - The Social Security Administration (SSA) has promulgated a list of medical conditions ["Listing of Impairments."] of such great severity that the SSA considers people who with the conditions disabled;
1. If your condition is not included in the SSA's Listing of Impairments, you have to ask yourself the following question in regard to obtaining Social Security Disability Benefits:
1. Am I able to do the same type of work I was able to do before the onset of the disability? - If the SSA determines that you are able to continue doing the same work as you did before your medical condition you may have difficulty proving eligibility. The measure of how capable you are at doing your job after the onset of your disability as opposed to before the onset of the disability is called the Residual Functional Capacity (RFC). In determining your eligibility for benefits, the SSA compares your current RFC with the physical and mental demands of your past jobs. If you are physically and mentally able to do a job that you have held within the last fifteen years, then SSA considers you "not disabled." If you are not able to perform any of your past jobs, then ask yourself:
5. Despite Your Medical Condition, Can You Do Other Work? - If you are unable to perform work similar to what you have done in the past, then the SSA will determine whether you are able to perform other types of work rather than collect benefits.
Can Children in Nederland, Texas Qualify for Disability Benefits? Yes, but What is the Criteria?
Financially, needy children under age 18 who have serious medical conditions may be eligible for Children's SSI. A child is disabled for SSI if the child is not working and earning more than the SGA level and has a medical condition or combination of conditions that cause "marked and severe functional limitations." Medical evidence documenting the child's medical condition is essential.
Federal Workers Insurance for the Disabled - Contact a Knowledgeable Nederland Texas Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) Lawyer Today
SSDI pays disability payments to disabled Americans with a qualifying work history. Not everyone is eligible to claim SSDI benefits. To qualify for SSDI, you will have to show, in addition to proving your disability, that you have worked a certain percentage of your previous years (the amount you need to have worked depends on your age). Medicare coverage is also available to some SSDI recipients. Contact your Nederland SSDI attorney to learn more now.
Supplemental Security Income: Your Final Safety Net
The SSI system provides monthly payments, of a minimum amount, to disabled Americans. These benefits are paid regardless of whether the disabled person had previously paid into the Social Security system. Although the benefit payments are generally lower under SSI than SSDI, the funds help those who critically need it. Successful SSI claimants may also qualify for Medicaid. Fill out the form in this website to contact an experienced Nederland SSI attorney and begin the process to get the benefits you need to live.
From Application to Appeal: The Social Security Process - Nederland Texas Social Security Disability Appeals Law Firms
You can start your application for Social Security benefits online today. You can also apply in person, or start the process over the phone by calling a local Social Security branch office. The initial review of eligibility can take upwards of four to six months. In the event that the government denies your social security application, you have the right to appeal the decision. At the appeal, you can represent yourself or you can hire an Nederland Social Security lawyer can represent you.
The list below contains some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries that have qualified previous applicants for a Social Security disability:
Chronic Pulmonary Insufficiency
Chronic venous insufficiency
Cancer of the Pancreas
Immune deficiency disorders
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Short bowel syndrome
Local SSA Office for Nederland, TX
Social Security Office
8208 9th Avenue
Port Arthur, Texas 77642
Low Cost Hospitals in and near Nederland, Texas
Gulf Coast Health Center, INC.
2548 Memorial Boulevard
Port Arthur, Texas 77640
Legacy Ubi Caritas Campus
4450 Highland Avenue
Beaumont, Texas 77705
Pharmacies in and near Nederland, TX
1039 North Twin City Highway
Nederland, Texas 77627
Better Living Medical
1039 North Twin City Highway
Nederland, Texas 77627
E J's Nederland Pharmacy
1824 Nederland Avenue
Nederland, Texas 77627
David L. Miller, RPh
2870 Spurlock Road
Nederland, Texas 77627
Nederland, Texas Weather (Monthly Averages)
|Avg. High (F)||62||65||72||78||85||90||92||92||88||81||72||64|
|Avg. Low (F)||43||47||52||59||67||73||74||74||70||61||52||45|
|Avg. Precipitation (in)||5.26||3.7||3.53||3.21||5.23||7.09||5.95||5.38||5.97||5.58||4.4||5.29|
Nederland Social Security Attorneys serve clients throughout Southeastern Texas, including Amelia, Beaumont, Bevil Oaks, Bridge City, Central Gardens, China, Fannett, Groves, Labelle, Lakeview, Lemonville, Mauriceville, Nederland, Nome, Orange, Orangefield, Pine Forest, Port Acres, Port Arthur, Port Neches, Rose City, Rose Hill Acres, Rosedale, Sabine, Sabine Pass, Sour Lake, Spindletop, Vidor, Viterbo and other communities in Jefferson County.